Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunny Saturday











Well it's only the beginning of March and already our weather here in the PNW has been glorious!! We've had several sunny days!! When it's nice out I like to get Lilly outside and play not matter what it is we do!!!!!
Today was another one of those beautiful sunny days and since were hanging out at my parent's house while Sean was at his test we had all kinds of stuff we could do!
We started out the day playing a little T-ball in the front yard. This is quickly becoming one of Lilly's favorite activites! I have to say she's getting pretty good!! Her hitting is pretty good, and she's got an arm on her! We've just go to work on the catching the ball in the glove thing, but we'll get there! I also taught her some basic baserunning, for example if you're on first and the ball gets hit where do you go and she figured that out pretty quickly - I'm glad she's such a smart cookie!
After baseball Papa was going to wash Gramma's car and Lilly wanted to help. So the 2 of them spent some time making sure Gramma's car was all sparkly clean! She had a great time with that.
Once the car was all clean I fixed Lilly her lunch and let her eat it outside in the sunshine, something we did a lot of last Summer and she LOVES!!!!!
Lilly finished her lunch and hung out with Papa some more before her nap and then Mom and I went one our daily walk and enjoyed the sunshine!!!
We ended our day celebrating Anne's 65th birthday with the Varsity @ Dick & Kay's. The party I kid you not was planned in record time last weekend with my Mom & Kay calling the Varsity and I was in charge of rallying the JV! It was such a fun night! I got to spend a lot of time with my fellow JVers as well as time with the Varsity! Such a wonderful group and so awesome that they've all been friends for 20+ years now! Sean, Lilly, & I stayed until 11:30.
I love simple days like today. I am so grateful for my great family, especially my wonderful daughter! Just spending time with her is one of my greatest joys in life. I also love being able to just hang out over at my parent's house all day (their yard is bigger and more fun to play in!). Then ending the night with all these people that I've known and loved for most of my life just makes me smile!

No comments: