Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mexican Lasagna


It occured to me today that I forgot to share this creation, and trust me it literally is a creation because I pretty much made it up as I went along.
My family LOVES tacos, and that is actually an understatement it's one of our favorite meals.
I decided why not take taco ingredients and serve them in a different form.
The ingredient list is really anything you like to put in tacos, so it could be shells, meat, tomatoes, onions, cheese, peppers, tater tots.....you get the idea.
The first thing I did was fry up the taco shells in oil to get them nice and crispy.
Next I browned up some meat, with the meat I put in garlic & cillantro for some additional flavor.
To get a mexi-nugget flavor in some tator tots I fried them up with some taco seasoning and then broke them up so it was essentially little cubes of pototes.
Next came time to layer in the pan, I started with the taco shells in the bottom, then cheese, then meat, then veggies, more cheese, another layer of taco shells, cheese, potatoes, cheese, taco shells - I repeated the layering until the pan was full. You could also put salsa or pica de gallo in the layers, but not everyone in my house likes the same salsa spiciness or pico de gallo so those were added on as a topping when people got their servings.
I'm happy to say it was DELICIOUS!!!

No comments: