Monday, March 8, 2010

New Shoes!

For those of you who know me you know that shoes are not something I wear on a day to day basis. For the most part I wear flip flops - rain, hail, snow, sun, whatever it's doing outside I generally have flip flops on.


Flip Flops are comfortable, roomy, and most importantly my feet never get hot! Also you can have a pair in every color imagineable to go with every outfit you own and at only roughly $3.00 a pair it's quite affordable!


My love for flip flops aside my Mom pointed out to me that to coach T-ball I was going to need some real shoes. She's right, trying to run after stray balls and rogue T-ballers in flip flops just isn't going to work.


So off we went in search of sneakers - I honestly cannot remember the last time I bought a pair of sneakers. I have a vague memory of buying a pair of Nikes at Shopco in Pullman during the college years, but I don't know if that's the last pair I bought or if there was a pair after that.


Part of my problem with shoes is my feet are GINORMOUS I used to be a size 9 to 9 1/2 then I had Lilly and I'm around a size 11 - Thanks for that Lilly! So trying to find shoes that aren't super ugly can be a bit of a challenge!!!!


At the store I looked at all the shoes, then I narrowed it down to Nikes since generally those are the most comfortable (in my opinion) there was one pair I REALLY liked (they were pink and grey) however there wasn't anything bigger than a size 8 so that wasn't gonna work, but I settled on a grey and dark purple pair.


Now, my main concern is getting them nice and broken in before T-ball starts, I've already played outside with Lilly in them and been on a 3 mile walk and so far so good!!!!

No comments: