Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sean's Test


Today Sean took the physical and written tests for a job as a Snohomish County Custody Deputy! It's a step in the direction of law enforcement, which Sean has decided is his career goal. One that I fully support and am behind!!!

The physical test consisted of a 1.5 mile run which needed to be completed in under 17 minutes, also how many pushups he could do in 60 seconds (the maximum they needed was 23) and how many situps in a minute (the maximum was 18). If an individual passed the physical test then they had to wait around a bit and take the written exam which had a few "story-type" math problems, some word placement, ability to read graphs, and a few other things.

Well I'm happy to say that Sean did the run in under 13 minutes, and got the maximum for the sit-ups and push-ups in under a minute!!! GO SEAN!!!

So then he had to wait around to take the written. He thinks he did pretty well so hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will get the results!! If he is one of the top 50 guys then he has to take the oral boards which is a very intense 30-60 minutes where he gets grilled and asked a zillion questions!

Knowing that Sean would be stuck up there most of the day with no place to go, nowhere to get lunch I packed him a lunch, which now explains the picture at the top of the blog. The best part of the lunch might be the fruit snacks! Lilly said that Daddy could have one of her Scooby Fruit Snacks so they could help him do well! How cute is that?

I'm so proud of Sean, now that he's taken one test I'm sure the others will be much easier! I was so nervous for him all day today just hoping it was going alright and that he was doing alright.

Whew! I'm glad today went as well as it did!!
I had an eventful day today, but man I'm really sleepy so I'll post more later about what a great Saturday we had!!!

No comments: