Tuesday, March 23, 2010

St. Patty's Day (a week late)













Ok Ok so I know this was a week ago, but I've been busy....

I love St. Patty's Day everyone (even those of you who aren't actually Irish like St. Patrick himself) have a chance to sport some green and and celebrate this fun day!

Here is America we love this day, it's a chance to go out and have fun and wear a bright color! Take Chicago who has been dying the river green since 1962 - I can't even imagine in my head how much dye that take, but what a fun thing to do!! Many cities have parades with rainbows, fake gold and of course a leprechan or 2!

The past few years on St. Patty's day I've spent the night with some great friends and we've had a blast out together, however this year with the day being on a weekday staying out late was not on the agenda for a few people! My most awesome friend Brad had actually never been out on St. Patty's day - I was SHOCKED to learn this! So Sean & I made plans with Brad MONTHS ago because he needed to go out and experience the awesomeness that is going to a pub on March 17th!

Our evening actually started with dinner at my parent's house, however instead of your typical Irish faire we had New York style pizza, oh well we had a multi-cultural night :-) Our plans did not include making the trek downtown to go to Kell's because really we didn't want to drive that far, and pay for parking, not to mention how packed it gets there! Luckily there is a great Irish Pub/Restaurant about 5 minutes from my house which is where we decided we'd try our luck for the night!

They had a HUGE tent set up in their front parking lot with a live band in it, as well as a live band inside! We opted for the tent because you can be rowdier a tent, not to mention the fact that there was ZERO room inside! We met up with some folks that Brad knew (however most of them left on the early side - NO FUN!) The band was GREAT we had a good time rockin' out to them!!!

As we were outside with our beers having fun I was reminded of many many many college parties. Just the overall feeling of loud music, lots of beer, and everyone in a really good mood it was great! Everyone is all smiles and nobody has a care in the world - what fun!!

We went inside around midnight for another beer and some delicious food and yet more band music, we were lucky enough to find an empty table!

It was such a fun night with my 2 favorite guys!

No comments: