Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Coach Interview

Well last night I had my interview with some of the little league board members.
For some reason I was nervous, weird right?
I remember growing up when they needed it was coaches it was really simple, pretty much if you raised your hand you could coach (well not really raising your hand, but you get the idea).
Well now you have to fill out a lengthy questionare, consent to a full background check (which I totally get), and have an interview with some members of the league board.
So my Mom drove me over to the meeting because Sean was till job hunting at the library with our car. I'm glad she was there, she kept me calm before my meeting started!
The guy in the room before me kept dragging his meeting on and on and on I could hear the 3 League people several times trying to end and each time he'd ask something else or say something else - bit of a power trip, but that's ok some guys need to do that ya know!
Well the 3 people I interview with her awesome, one of them I've been emailing with a bit, the other I've talked on the phone, and the last guy was a new person, but all were very nice. They asked me a few questions all of which were very good questions "What will my coaching style be" "How will I handle a parent who is harrassing the kiddos, or umpires during a game" "How would I handle a kid who was squirly during a game or practice" "What is my history or expertise with baseball/softball" They liked some of my answers a lot so that was good news!!
Turns out the lady who is the player agent is also a Coug and she was also in a sorority so she and I had a common bond so that was cool!
Next Monday I have a coaches meeting and I'll get my roster and all that good stuff.
Now, I need to compose a small packet for my parents with team expectations, things the kids need, etc etc etc!
I'm so exctied to coach I have literally been waiting for this since Lilly was born. I always LOVED softball growing up and have wanted to expose Lilly to how much fun it is!!!!

No comments: