Monday, December 3, 2012

Why do I wait so long between posts

I've come to the conclusion I'm a bad blogger, I have all these great ideas and things I want to say, but I never actually take the time to sit down here and post them. I've decided I must get better about it - this will be a New Year's Resoluion so what if it's only December gives me an extra month to practice right?
Things have been pretty great here at the Dede/Wright House!! I've been super busy during the day with my various and assorted PTA board duties and most nights I'm at the dance studio with my dancing diva and you know what I couldn't be happier about it!
Where can I start with an update - let's see how about Thanksgiving. It was wonderful as always, although this year much quieter (not to mention roomier at the table) since we were missing 5 people. Last year we were so many people we had to have 2 tables and this year we didn't even need both leaves in one table. Although we were less people this year, Sean was actually able to be with us for dinner on Turkey day, I haven't actually eaten Turkey dinner with him since our first Thanksgiving together in 2007!! So for me it was a positively perfect day!
Right after Thanksgiving was of course Apple Cup which was spent at psuedo big brother Brian's house. Sean was able to come to most of that as well. He and I were the only ones there sporting Crimson and Grey and while it looked very bleak for my Cougs they managed a win, however by the time the game was over I was the lone Coug in a room of Purple & Gold, and man did I enjoy gloating about my win :-)
Since the day after Thanksgiving is the official start of the Christmas season we decided to put all the decorations up! This is seriously my favorite time of year. Sean complains and grumbles about the 678 Christmas boxes in the attic (ok so it's not that many, but it seems like it when we're trying to get them down) but I love it! I love unpacking all the knick-knacks and ornaments and thinking about when we got them and the stories behind so many of them. I also love telling Lilly the stories it's such an awesome thing to be able to have all these great memories and share them with my entire family. Ah but I digress so since Sean, Lilly, and I moved in with Mom & Dad not only do we have all the decorations I grew up with, but we also have the decorations that Sean and I had acquired while living in our condo. So now the house has 4 Christmas trees, yep you heard me right 4 trees! We have the main tree in the living room filled with the most random assortment of ornaments you will ever see, and it is everyone's favorite. In the entry way is the first tree Sean and I had it's about 3 feet tall, but hey those artificial trees can be spendy and it's what we could afford at the time! The entry way tree is decorated in traditional Christmas colors or red, gree, and gold. In the family room is the 2nd tree Sean and I acquired after we got married, well actually I acquired it during his deployment. It is much taller, but kinda thing. Since this tree was purchased while Sean was deployed and I was feeling particularly patriotic that year that tree's ornaments are red, white, and blue. The good news there is the family room is also particularly patriotic so it fits in quite well there! The 4th and final tree is a little over 2 feet tall and was purchased on sale last year and it resides in Lilly's room. Since this is of course her tree she got to pick all the ornamets and here's a shocker they are all silver and pink, complete with a glittery pink star on top and a pink tree skirt. I smile just thinking about her cute little tree. Before I post again I will take some pics so you can see how Christmasy our house is!
I'm getting very excited for the holiday season, it's going to be filled with amazing times with my friends and family and a lot of fun adventures!!!

No comments: