Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cookie Cake

As most of the people in my world know, I love to spend time in the kitchen I love to cook! However, I especially LOVE to bake. Baking has become my passion in life! I often get requests for recipes so I thought you know what, my blog is the perfect place for this.
Now, this one was inspired by a picture I saw on Pinterest and I thought to myself, I could do that no problem!
The cake part was simple I made a mixed a box of Devil's Food Cake and a box of Butter Yellow Cake and I poured half of each mixture into a cake pan and swirled it around so that batter looked a little like marble. While the cake was baking I whipped up a batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/original-nestle-toll-house-chocolate-chip-cookies/) I made very small cookie dough balls out of the whole batch, however I set about 20 of the balls aside and let them sit in the refrigerator for a little while and put the others one a cookie sheet so they were ready to go in the oven.
Once the cake was done baking I started baking the cookies and making the frosting for the cake I used this one (http://www.marthastewart.com/336452/billys-vanilla-buttercream) gotta love Martha!!
After the cake had completely cooled it was time to assemble!
*Tip for frosting a cake, when I frost a cake I will tear 4 strips of wax paper and make a square to cover the outer edges of the plate and then place the cake on top of those, this way while you are frosting the cake anything that drips will hit the wax paper and when you are done you can simply pull it away and your plate is spotless!!
The best part about this cake is the filling, because not only was it the delicious buttercream frosting, it is the cookie dough balls from the fridge - genius!
After frosting the cake all around I took the little cookies that I had baked (once they were cooled of course) and placed them on top of and around the cake.
The cake was then sprinkled with mini-chocolate chips!
What I loved about this cake besides that it was delicious was that it looked pretty, I took this one as dessert to Thanksgiving dinner!

No comments: