Monday, October 8, 2012

Updated Look/Title and Drill Weekend


I realized over the weekend how much I missed blogging, I mean where else can I go on and on and nobody interupts me, needs me to fix somthing, cook something, or help with something!!
Since it's been so long since my last post I decided that  new look and title were in order so I hope you enjoy.
I won't bore you with all the changes and updates that have occured since my last post I prefer to just start fresh like we were in the middle of a conversation that had a slight pause :-)
This past weekend was drill weekend, which means I am husbandless for 2-3 days. Lilly loves drill weekends because not only does Sean leave his Kindle Fire home for her to play with she also tends to sleep in my bed with me for some Mommy/Daughter cuddle time (and I'm not gonna lie I love that, because she's not gonna be little and want to do that forever).
The best part about drill weekends are my amazing friends who keep me entertained and busy while my hubby is out shooting machine guns and blowing things up for the US government.
Friday night was very similiar to every other Friday night this fall which meant going to watch my psuedo-nephew Kain's Varsity Football game. While I had fun with most of the Davis clan, and chatting with my awesome friends, and of course teasing those who needed to be teased we didn't pay too close attention to the game because when the score is over 40-0 and half time you're pretty sure you're team is gonna win. We did pay attention when Kain played, and he actually got to play in the 1st half of the game for the first time all season so that was pretty awesome! After the game we went to Red Robin for some grub, drinks, and laughter. Kain came along with us and kept us all very etertained with his fantastic sense of humor.
This past week was Lilly's 8th birthday and party of her birthday tradition is my Mom & I take her and her besties to lunch at Lilly's Mecca (the American Girl Store). If I thought my time and Red Robin was entertaining the night before it was nothing compared to the conversations had at lunch with an 8, 7, and 6 year old. Those girls are just fabulous. Mom & I did not stop laughing the whole time!!
Saturday night was a special treat, my amazing friend Danielle and I went to the Carrie Underwood concert all thanks to her equally amazing new boyfriend Brannon. We got all dressed up (our outfits even matched, unplanned!) in our cowboy hats, and boots and headed downtown. The concert was soooooo great! Carrie is an AMAZING performer and she put on such an awesome show! I don't think we could have had more fun!!
Sunday, or should I call it FootballDay? Every Sunday is spent at Danielle's for Football and Food. We all cram in her living room bring delicious treats to share and cheer on our Seattle Seahawks, this week they won so we were all very happy campers! I am not allowed to enter Danielle's house unless I have brought dessert! My friends call me the dessert queen due to my baking skills that they have all fallen in love with :-)
On drill weekends Sean actually gets to come and watch about half the football game with us as he gets released with enough time to make it over for the second half and of course chow down on some delicious grub.
I love the Sunday nights of drill weekends the best! After Sean has been gone for 2 nights there is nothing better than crawling into bed with him and feeling his arms around me! Plus he work weekends are Mondays & Tuesdays which means I get to spend lots of time with him, which is why I am hurrying to finish this blog so I can go spends some QT with my wonderful hubby!

No comments: