Friday, April 9, 2010

Crafty Strikes Again

It's spring here in WA and that means a lot of rain, and sometimes as it turn outs snow!
Spring also marks the return of baseball, softball, and T-ball! While Spring & Ball go hand-in-hand the rain that accompanies the spring does nothing in preserving clothes worn to T-ball practice :-)
While strolling through Joann Fabrics the other day I noticed the solid T-shirts (in kid sizes) were on sale 3 shirts for $9.00 - SWEET!
Most people might stop there thinking 3 plain T-shirts for practice is peachy, but not me! In the same aisle as the T-shirts was a new product by Color Artz - A fabric airbrusher for only $28.00 (less 40% because I had a coupon).
Instantly the wheels started turning. Since Lilly's T-ball team is named after a pro-team (The Mets) I could find a design and use the airbrush on the shirts and she'd have some super cute shirts.
So I grabbed 3 shrits (royal blue, orange, & grey), the airbrush (which coincidentally came with royal blue & orange paint), and an package of silver paint and headed to the check-out.
My first task upon my return home was to find a logo or design I liked. I settled on the 2-tone written Mets logo.
Next was cutting out my stencils, I made 2, one for the actual words and the second for the shadowing. This was a little time consuming, but I wanted to make sure it looked right.
My shirts, stencils, and I were then ready to head out to the garage for some airbrushing. There was a real learning curve associated with this because the excess spray of the airbrusher went a lot farther than I thought it would so the first 2 shirts ended up with some rouge spray (which I then covered up by giving the shirts an all over tye-dyed look.
Once I got the hang of the airbrusher it was awesome! I can't wait to find more stuff to decorate with it!!!

No comments: