Monday, April 19, 2010

Peanut Butter Pie

 

PIE!

It's been awhile since I've posted a yummy recipe that I love, so today's the day for a new one!

Today's recipe comes from my amazing grandmother! This recipe is one of the ones that I can already taste in my mouth at the mere mention of it - trust me it's that good. Another plus side of this recipe is it's really easy to make! I have only made on slight variation to this recipe, which I'll explain in a sec.

Using the ingredients pictured above (as you can see I like to use the Fred Meyer brand products because on top of making yummy things I like to save myself some money :-) ) The first thing you'll want to do is make the crust, and this is my variation. My grandmother's version calls for a graham cracker crust, but I decided to alter that and do an Oreo (or Kidd-o crust if you shop at Fred's) because it my opinion there is no better combination that chocolate and peanute butter! Making the crust is really very simple whether you use the crackers or the cookies - you crush them up (if doing the coookies no need to scrape the cream filling out) then you melt some butter or margarine and mix the crushed ingredient with the melted butter until you have a thick paste texture. Once you have the right consistency you simply place into the pie pan, you have to use your hands!!!! Next you take the rest of the ingredients and mix together, but you don't want to use all the whipped topping because you'll want to save that to serve on top of the pie! After everything is mixed together you put it in the pie pan and then let chill for a few hours so it sets!
As you can tell from my pictures I has my favorite assistant chef helping me!

No comments: